Everything you Need to Know to Bring out the Athletic Angel in You
Are you a fan of comic books? If so, then you likely know Wonder Woman was based on was Diana, a Roman goddess who was known for being fierce, powerful, and respected. She is known as Artemis in Greek mythology, and she stunned the world around her by choosing how to live her life and empowered many other women along the way.
Working out and keeping fit are two things Diana always kept up with, and the tradition of working out to stay healthy has continued throughout history. The mythological stories from different places often resonate through time because of the messages they share. Diana definitely thought that women should take care of themselves, lead their lives the way they want to, and course - lead an active life. And there was one more thing you can notice that Diana focused on - the right apparel.
What should you wear while working out?
Wearing the right kind of clothes is really important if you are working out. Regular clothes don't fare well when you are trying to complete a two-mile run. And coming home in stinky clothes doesn't sound very goddess-like. But don't worry - humanity has come a long way in ensuring that even if you can't actually be a goddess when you exercise, you can feel like one.
Before you embark on your workout journey, you need to find the right workout clothes for you. Many workout clothes are specifically designed to make exercising an enjoyable experience for women. Workout clothes for women come under different categories. Here is what you will need.
- Sports Bra: A good women's sports bra is an absolute must if you want to bring out your full potential while you exercise. Sports bras provide support to your upper body and distribute your upper body weight across your back. Regular bras are not meant for high-intensity workouts. If you wear a bra that has an underwire, you risk it leaving temporary marks on your skin from it digging in. Sports bras are designed to be soft and comfortable and are built to fuel the active lifestyle you want to lead.
- T-shirt: If you want to wear a T-shirt to the gym or any workout session, then you will need to find T-shirts specially designed for active use. The kind of workout t-shirts for women you are looking for are ones that dry faster, have anti-microbial properties, and have odor control properties.
- Leggings: You can't really work out without a good pair of leggings these days. And there is a good reason behind why that is - they are super comfortable. The one thing you want to feel while you work out in comfort. If your gear is excellent, then you can defeat any hurdle that comes your way. And that is why good quality leggings are a necessary part of every woman's workout wardrobe. Look for ones that sit well on your waist and don't slip off, as well as ones that are elastic enough to become adaptable to different kinds of workouts. Other benefits from compression garments include enhanced blood circulation and oxygenation that reduced muscle fatigue and distress; Increase muscle support and stability; Reduce muscular damage; Improved athletic performance; And it shortens recovery time
- Socks: These ones are easy to forget, but no goddess ever has been asked about stinky shoes. But don't just buy any socks. The reason why you need activewear socks is that they are usually designed to promote comfort while you use them. Regular socks could create chaffing, but activewear socks have more layers and give you added comfort while you exercise. Look for thin, durable socks for the most comfort and ease.
- Shoes: You can't have a workout session without the right shoes. Running two miles in sandals could actually hurt your feet; in the same way, climbing a mountain on heels is not the right idea. According to Runners World, the Asics Gel Contend 5 is a great way to add a good quality affordable shoe to your wardrobe. Women's Health has other suggestions located here. The right shoe should give your feet support while you workout. This is absolutely crucial if you want to make sure you don't get any foot injuries from working out.
- Towel: No workout wardrobe for women is complete without a good towel. Most people sweat while they exercise. And it's essential to be hygienic to have a good towel handy to make sure the sweat doesn't stick to your skin. Workout towels for women usually come with anti-microbial and anti-odor properties. These are essential for any workout pack as you have to make sure you maintain your hygiene, don't smell bad, and, most importantly, stay healthy. Regular towels don't do the trick because they tend to get soggy after a while. Towels meant for working out absorb moisture better and can be used more often.
The right wardrobe is essential if you want to be an Athletic Angel. Looking the part is an integral part of feeling the part. Workout clothes for women that actually make you want to exercise can make you more enthusiastic about your routine.
Why should you look for workout clothes for women?
One of the hardest things to do when it comes to working out is maintaining consistency. Workout clothes for women help you build consistency while also allowing you to showcase your personality while you exercise.
And the styles available today give you the option of taking inspiration not just from a Goddess like Diana, but many other goddesses as well. Dress like Saturn's daughter and Queen of the Gods Juno. You can do this by adapting more earthy styles - track pants with flared bottoms and T-shirt bras with a loose crop top on top is an excellent example of this.
Or choose Diana's style - loose, free-flowing, allowing for maximum comfort and ease of use during activities. If you want to opt for a more Venusian approach, then try incorporating menswear into your wardrobe. Venus is all about imbibing love by building a balance between the masculine and feminine.
There is a lot that mythology and goddesses can teach workout enthusiasts today about being powerful women. But the most consistent lesson is this. To be a goddess of any kind, even an Athletic Angel, you have to look the part before you can feel like it. Workout women's clothes are built to support your journey into growth, development, and healing.